<$BlogRSDURL$>
Nice thoughts and pagan stuff from my world
Archives:
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004

Links:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Mike

Mike has left us, he asked me once if I would be part of his blog so that if he said something wrong I could help correct it - I've never posted on it until now. *sigh* Mike died in an accident at work on August 22, 2004. He had grown as a person in every way since I first met him. He still had very little confidence in himself, which is I suspect why he wanted me on here, but the man also had no ego to speak of. He cared for everyone else first.
Mike will always be a part of each person whose life he touched. His wife, Rhee, is expecting their child April 24th, 2005 - she's asked me to thank everyone for the condolences and sends her love.....

Comments:
Ty for doing this coz i couldnt.

jos checked and this wont be deleted. can i ask that it wont get taken off the witchgrove list as well because this was one of his homes. The other home was in my sils arms and she will be looked after an protected for as long as i live.

luv u Shonna

Matt
x
 
It was in case he said something which couldn't be said in front of Witchgrovers. You could moderate his posts on here as well. He loved you and trusted you and our whole family are the same. You are a sister to me now and don't ever forget it

I'm glad you posted because for myself I keep looking on here and wishing there was another post. I was so relieved when there was even though I know it wasn't my brother posting. I wish it was but if it can't I'm glad it was you. I don't mean to be irrational but it feels like a little something just slotted into place. It's not alright because it's not ever going to be alright, but this what you just did was right

Stay strong sister

Zoƫ
xx
 
I love you both so much *sigh* when I think of what you and your family have gone through in the past several years in particular it just breaks my heart, but you know, if Mike had to go, I'm glad to know there's someone loving us all as he did and likely still does on the other side watching out for us.

We're all in the best hands ever now -

Thank you also for your comments about this post - I only could post after talking to Rhee - in discussing Mike and his life and what he would want, it struck us both that he would want a little closure in a few places - just here and there - I thought one such place would be his blog.

He will always be a part of me - a part of him lives on in my heart and you two are right there too - Zoe (still can't do the bloody double dots but you know I put them there in my heart *grin*) I know how hard it is for you in particular to find the words sometimes - know that even if that's the case, you will always have a safe haven with me *hug* I love you too, my sister, and you too, Ziggy bach.....there's been a fair amount of talk lately about family that's chosen not born into - and you two are definitely that to me - and Mike always will be as well.
With all my heart,
XOXOXO
Shonna
 
btw Matt,
So long as there is a WG, there will be Mike's blog and memories of him. We'll keep him alive in our hearts and memories.....laughter through tears is it? It's what he would want.
Love you
XOXOXO
Shonna
 
I come to Mike's blog often to reread his posts and to think about his outlook on life...and I smile a bittersweet smile.
 
Congratulations Mike on the birth of your son Liam, I will raise a glass tonight.

Love always

Aud

(I hope the family and no one else minds me doing this here,)
 
Congratulations, indeed! Aud, that's brilliant of you :D
Rhee's said that baby Liam has his father's lungs and hair and that when he does sleep, he also looks very like his dad as well......lucky wee lad.
He and Rhee have the love and support of us all and always will - please do post here, and any memories of Mike as well, they'll be a healing thing for everyone involved.
XOXOXO
Shonna
 
Im really touched u are all posting in here. ty 4 all the well wishs.

Matt
x
 
can't think of anyone who deserves the well wishes more *hug*
XOXOXO
Shonna
 
I've just been working my way through the blogs and instead of skipping from Sarah to Wilde, I thought I'd pop my head in here. I sometimes do, when I want to pretend he's still here.

It's never occurred to me to click on the comments before, but I noticed that there were nine...

Hi family, good to see you all in here. I wondered where the party was. ;-)

yours
Mab
xxxxx
 
(June 29th 2005)

*raising a toast to a beautiful man on his birthday*

yours
Mab
xxxxx
 
Hoisting a whiskey in one hand with a smoke of sorts in the other...

"To Mike...."
 
(22nd August 2005)

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Missing you a lot.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
 
Uve managed 2 lose him??!!

Stop missing him mab. let him live.

have some choco cake and eat it in bed.

Matt
x
 
Chocolate cake indeed - or go to the bridge and just look for the beauty in the world.
Above all find your peace. I think if I've learned anything from Mike it's that I need to slow down, appreciate everything and everyONE in my life - I wish he'd known just how truly and simply wise he always was. He still teaches me things.
 
(6.12.05)

Dear Mike,

There are some days you still make me laugh aloud (hiding my giggles in my hand at work).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/witchgrove/message/54713

I read that three times just now just to grasp what on earth you were going on about; and that's the beauty of you. No fuzzy slippers, eh? {{{{hugs}}}} Then what you wrote about what being 26 could be for you started to make me sad again.

Beautiful, I miss you, but I won't remember you with sadness. Not when you're only a heartbeat away.

xxxxx
 
That's Strength for anyone wanting to share that moment.
 
Missin u tonite bro

wish u were here

I want 2 go 2 urs an listen 2 u talkin crap coz ur 2 stoned 2 no what ur sayin

sometimes hurts 2 much ur gone
 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/witchgrove/message/54733

nite

matt
xx
 
It's so easy to miss him, Matt, I miss him too, every day.

*sigh*

It just doesn't go away ever, does it?
 
Remembering you still, Mike....and missing you every day.
XOXOXO
Shonna
 
Post a Comment